BAYCC High School Scholarship Program
Thank you for your interest in BAYCC Education Scholarship Program (BESP)
Who Can Apply?
An applicant must:
- Be a high school student attending a United States accredited educational institution in Northern California*.
- Be a permanent resident, or U.S. citizen, or an eligible non-citizen.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in the U.S. for current college students.
- An entering freshman graduating from high school with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in the U.S.
- An international starting high school in the U.S.
Adherence to Hizmet Movement Principles:
- BAYCC is an organization inspired by “Hizmet Movement” a faith based social movement focused on using community service to target the elimination of poverty, ignorance, and conflicts. A fundamental value of the Hizmet Movement is community service by devoting time and energy to supporting the community.
- An applicant must demonstrate that he or she is an active volunteer of Hizmet Movement participating in extracurricular activities, including and not limited to mentoring younger students and organizing Hizmet Movement related events.
How to apply?
Documents Required. You are required to provide documents as listed below:
- Most recent Official Transcript or acceptance letter to an accredited educational institution in the U.S.
- Proof of identification
- I-20 Form
- 2 Recommendation Letters
- An essay summarizing student’s opinions on BAYCC values as well as any personal information that would be helpful for the committee to make a decision for the eligibility of the student for a scholarship.
- Any official document and/or a personal letter demonstrating the need for a financial aid
- Fill out and sign the application via following form.
The application will be available after 6/1/2021
Application deadline is 8/15/2021*
Notification of results: 08/30/2021
* The applications made after 08/15/2021 will be reviewed only once a month
BESP committee will review the application packages carefully and may ask for an oral interview with an applicant if the committee deems necessary.
Still have any questions? Please email to email@example.com
*Northern California: San Francisco Bay Area (anchored by the cities of San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland), the Greater Sacramento area (anchored by the state capital Sacramento), and the Metropolitan Fresno area (anchored by the city of Fresno).