BAYCC COVID-19 ECONOMIC HARDSHIP FUND
As we all witness globally, in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, businesses across the U.S. have faced closures and implemented work-from-home arrangements. In order to reduce the impact of the disease, the State of California ordered “all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence” except for certain conditions. These restrictions affected the economy, small businesses, and especially families whose income depends on hourly wages.
As BAYCC, to help our community combat the financial hardships caused by the coronavirus, we are launching a funding campaign to assist those who have or will be losing their income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This campaign seeks to help those who are experiencing financial loss due to the pandemic regardless of legal status including American citizens, immigrants and asylum seekers. We are offering assistance to those who are struggling to pay for food, rent payments, utilities, medications, and other basic necessities.
Please join us to help keep our community alive and thriving, giving it as much as it gives us.
Make a difference by donating
Anyone can donate to the COVID-19 Economic Hardship Fund and these donations will be distributed to those who are in critical need. Please join us in providing direct aid to our neighbors and community members who have been most affected financially by the spread of the virus.
If you live in Northern California and have been severely impacted by the COVID-19 crisis and need support, apply for assistance here.
To be eligible for a BAYCC Economic Hardship Fund, an individual must:
- Live in Northern California
- Be financially affected by COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis
- Demonstrate need by fully completing the BAYCC Economic Hardship Fund – Online Application, including the required attachment(s), before the application deadline
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis subject to availability of funds
- All applications must be completed online. Completed applications are reviewed based on eligibility criteria and availability of grant funds
- Grant recipients will receive a confirmation by email within two weeks of notification of the fund award that their completed application received
**Fund recipients are responsible for determining the tax implications of all funds received. Please consult a tax professional if you have questions.