BAYCC Educational Scholarship Program - BESP
Welcome to the BAYCC Educational Scholarship Program (BESP) page.
We’re thrilled to provide financial support to committed full-time students in Northern California who are college-bound high school seniors, ESL students, or attending a United States-accredited college or graduate program.
BESP is committed to fostering academic excellence and active community involvement, following the principles of the Hizmet Movement. We’re searching for applicants who show a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher and are actively engaged in community service and activities that align with the values of the Hizmet Movement.
Our scholarship program is an excellent opportunity for eligible students—U.S. residents, permanent residents, or eligible non-citizens—to receive financial support to achieve their academic goals while positively impacting their community.
Discover more about our application process, necessary documentation, and timeline, and get started on your BESP application journey.
Who Can Apply?
An applicant must:
- Be a college bound high school senior, or an ESL student, or a college/graduate student attending a United States accredited educational institution in Northern California*.
- Be a full-time student. A student is considered as full-time student if he/she takes at least 12 credits-about 4 classes- each semester.
- Be a permanent resident, or U.S. citizen, or an eligible non-citizen.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in the U.S. for current college students.
- An entering freshman graduating from high school with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in the U.S.
- An international entering freshman accepted to an accredited college, graduate program, or an educational institution in the U.S.
Adherence to Hizmet Movement Principles:
- BAYCC is an organization inspired by “Hizmet Movement” a faith based social movement focused on using community service to target the elimination of poverty, ignorance, and conflicts. A fundamental value of the Hizmet Movement is community service by devoting time and energy to supporting the community.
- An applicant must demonstrate that he or she is an active volunteer of Hizmet Movement participating in extracurricular activities, including and not limited to mentoring younger students and organizing Hizmet Movement related events.
How to apply?
Documents Required. You are required to provide documents as listed below:
- Most recent Official Transcript or acceptance letter to an accredited educational institution in the U.S.
- Proof of identification
- I-20 Form
- 2 Recommendation Letters
- An essay summarizing student’s opinions on BAYCC values as well as any personal information that would be helpful for the committee to make a decision for the eligibility of the student for a scholarship.
- Any official document and/or a personal letter demonstrating the need for a financial aid
- Fill out and sign the application via following form.
Application Start: 07/14/2023
Application Deadline: 08/10/2023 **
Notification of Results: 08/30/2023
BAYCC Scholarship committee will review the application packages carefully and may ask for an oral interview with an applicant if the committee deems necessary.
Still have any questions? Please email to email@example.com
* Northern California: San Francisco Bay Area (anchored by the cities of San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland), the Greater Sacramento area (anchored by the state capital Sacramento), and the Metropolitan Fresno area (anchored by the city of Fresno).
** The applications made after 08/10/2023 will be reviewed only once a month